9. Grounded

9. Grounded

John was a shepherd. He was a good man. He was also a wise man. He became the governor of a province. Some people do not like him and were envious form him. They went to the king and said, “John is a thief. He demands money from the people. He hides that money in a box on his camel."

The king went to John’s province. John was then riding on his camel with a box in front of him. The king was angry. He affirmed John, “Open your box now. I want to check it." John opened the box. There were only items meant for the shepherd in the box.

John said to the king in humble voice, “This box teaches me a lesson. I look at it over and over again. I think of my past. I feel humble and stay grounded." The king was glad. He made John Governor of one more province. Subsequently the people of the whole country liked John.

Please insert your short story in the comment box below. We will upload it with your name. Please comment as Google account if you comment as anonymous the story will not be uploaded.

In this story these tenses is used if you want to learn click below links:

Click here: Past Continuous

Comments