6. Live the Moment

6. Live the Moment


Enjoying the gentle sea breeze, lying in a hammock, Sara’s friend wore a dreamy broad smile on his face.

Sara: Why are you smiling all by yourself?

Friend: I’m thinking of the day when I will be truly happy.

Sara (with confusion): And when it will come?

Friend : When I can have a big house of my own by the sea, a comfortable and up to date car, a healthy bank balance, get married to a handsome guy, have three sons, get them educated so that they get a good job, earn a lot of money, and…

Sara (Interrupting): I get the picture, but what will you do after all that?

Friend: Then I can simply put up my feet and relax and enjoy the gentle breeze and the sun on my face at the age of 40, a perfect life of which I always dream.

Sara: But my friend, you are doing that now itself – without having done that entire struggle! And by the way dude, how do you know that you will be 40 or not?


Please insert your short story in the comment box below. We will upload it with your name. Please comment as Google account if you comment as anonymous the story will not be uploaded.

In this story these tenses is used if you want to learn click below links:

Click here: Past Continuous

Comments